Summer is the season when we face a number of skin problems, such as frequent acne and pimple breakouts, sunburns and skin rashes. But, there is one ingredient, that with its anti-bacterial properties can save our skin, especially when it comes in combination with other skin beneficial ingredients. From cleansing to toning and hydrating, Mint performs a number of skin benefits.
Here we have 5 Mint face masks that are worth to try this summer:
MINT + ROSEWATER FACE MASK
Rosewater is important for maintaining the skin's pH balance and also controls excess oil. It is also anti-inflammatory.
- Mix mint and honey with a little bit of rose water and apply it on the face. Rinse it off with water.
This face mask is great for an even-toned, hydrated and soft skin.
MINT + CUCUMBER FACE MASK
Mint and cucumber are both amazing for the skin during the warm period of the year because of the cooling and hydrating properties.
- Mix a few fresh mint leaves and a few slices of cucumber, along with some honey until a smooth paste. Apply this face mask for about 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
This face mask will remove the blemishes and calm the skin inflammation.
MINT + MULTANI MITTI FACE MASK
Fuller's earth or Multani Mitti along with mint leaves can clean and control the excess production of oil.
- Mix Multani Mitti with honey and curd and some mint leaves. Apply this face mask and leave it on until is completely dry.
This face mask is great for cleaning pores, regulating oily skin and restoring the skin moisture.
MINT + TURMERIC FACE MASK
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce acne, pimples and acne scars and can also clear the face.
- Mix a few fresh and clean mint leaves, with a little bit of water and add turmeric to the mix. Apply this face mask on the face and leave it for about 15-20 minutes, then rinse with water.
MINT + OATS AND CUCUMBER FACE SCRUB
Oats are known for their exfoliating action and can effectively remove the dead skin cells from the face.
- Mix milk and oats, and then add honey, grated cucumber, and crushed mint leaves. Apply on the face in a gentle circular motion. Rinse off and gently dab it with the towel.
Use this cleansing and hydrating face scrub when the skin has collected a lot of dirt and oil.