If you're questioning yourself how to get rid of your acne and breakouts, maybe the answer might seem unusual but, there is a definite connection between sex and making your breakouts less prevailing and large.
Here is a look at just how you can have some unexpected benefits in your fight against breakouts:
- Sex increases levels of immunoglobulin - a powerful protein that helps keep inflammation and disease-causing agents at bay. Bacterial infections that lead to acne and breakouts can be minimized if you keep the levels of this protein up high.
- There is a link between stress and acne because, when cortisol, a stress hormone, is released into the body, it has the potential to send signals to the skin cells to increase the production of sebum that on the other hand has a bad habit of clogging pores and creating a breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria. Fortunately, sex is the biggest stress reliever.
- Sex increases the blood circulation, which is essential for keeping the skin healthy, supple, and youthful. Additionally, sex boosts the production of collagen.
- During sex you sweat so that is a great way to open up your pores and get rid of impurities, leaving your skin fresh and glowing.
- While having sex it gets released the “love hormone” – oxytocin which makes cortisol go way down along with the skin inflammations like rashes and eczema, and at the same time giving you a radiant glow.
- There’s a proof that the estrogen released during an orgasm actually boosts collagen levels, which can improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also triggers the human growth hormone, which makes skin look more elastic.
So, if this is not enough, then what is? Go make yourself some sexy time with your partner and get that glowing skin.